NetworkDesigner.net: For when you can't afford to fail the exam.

Networkdesigner.net Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 CCNA
 "TARA'S HELP-DESK" For CCNA 640-607
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Page: 
of 15
Author  Topic   
Tara
CCNA Moderator

Singapore
253 Posts
Posted - May 14 2002 :  08:07:18 AM  Show Profile    Reply with Quote
Hi to Everybody!!
From today "TARA'S HELP DESK" starts for the wouldbe CCNA's To help them in all possible ways to get them certified through this topic. All your doubt and questions regarding exam#640-607 and your remark's should be posted through the reply icon,after going through this topic,(which is in the rightside of the topic row).
Those who are sitting for the exam I request them to visit
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/10/wwtraining/ or
visit to, http://groups.msn.com/CCNA607
to go through verious subject on exam#640-607 to familiarize them about the type of topics they will be asked in the exam.Those who are preparing for latter date can go through the subneting review, subneting Practice, and other postings as well.
Hope this will help in a better way towards preparing for your exam.
Raise your problem as well,under the same topic to make it a succsess. Read this topic often to get through all the posting under this Topic.
Good Luck
Love
Tara

Look forward to Topic "How to make best out of those 75 minutes"

Edited by - Tara on Jul 02 2002 10:33:57 AM

[email protected]

India
2 Posts
Posted - May 14 2002 :  10:42:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Mr.Tara,
Thanks for your helping mind,why don't you put up some more files?
It will be help full to us.
regards
chanyakka

Go to Top of Page

[email protected]
Average Member

USA
8 Posts
Posted - May 14 2002 :  4:46:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Tara,

Thank you again!!!

Cheers,
pearl

Go to Top of Page

[email protected]

1 Posts
Posted - May 14 2002 :  10:14:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank Tara for the Info.

Go to Top of Page

Tara
CCNA Moderator

Singapore
253 Posts
Posted - May 15 2002 :  11:43:01 PM  Show Profile    Reply with Quote
Dear Chanyakka,Pearl & et9851,
Thanks for your comments!
Let me know enything else I could do for you?
I will add somemore files as and when I could find time.
please check through the respective link.
Happy preparation!
Love
Tara
http://communities.msn.com.sg/CCNA607

Edited by - Tara on May 24 2002 9:32:33 PMGo to Top of Page

[email protected]

India
2 Posts
Posted - May 16 2002 :  11:07:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Tara!
I have downloaded the subneting questions, It's quite good!
Would you mind to elaborate little bit about the whole exam?
I am bit afraid.
by....
chanyakka

Go to Top of Page

Tara
CCNA Moderator

Singapore
253 Posts
Posted - May 17 2002 :  04:53:02 AM  Show Profile    Reply with Quote
"How to make best out of those 75 minutes"

Golden era of clicking away to be a CCNA are over with the obsolete
version # 604-507 since 23 rd of March, 2002.

Wellcome to more challenging (cunning ) push to the wall questions which may funk your mind
with the very first question itself, if you are not lucky enough.

Analysis reports are here for your careful review

Total Questions: 50 Passing score: 849 Alloted Time:75 Min.

Here what you get: Single choice, Multiple choice, Drag & Drop and Fill in the blank = 48
Router Simulation configuring questions: 2 (which is compulsory).

Questions are divided into 8 segments.

1. Bridging & Switching 5 Questions
2. OSI Model & Layered Communication 5 Questions
3. Routed Protocols 7 Questions
4. Routing Protocols 6 Questions
5. Wan Services 6 Questions
6. Network Management 9 Questions
7. LAN Technologies 5 Questions
8. Cisco and Network Basics 5 Questions
And 2 Mandatory Router Simulation Questions

Again in each segments there is 4 Category of selection. 1,2,3,4 which increase or decrease the score depends on which question you choose the wrong answer.

As CISCO give each candidate 300 Points when you start the exam. it may vary according to your number of correct or wrong answer selections.

Simulation questions can carry up to total of 6 points (each point is equivalent of 40-50 marks).
You may get the combination of simulations 1+2 or 2+2 or 2+3 or 1+5 depends on your luck.
Please do remember perior to taking your exam. note down all the possible usable host,subnet-mask and other necessary elements including ARP and RARP different, Application Layer Protocol such as FTP, Telnet, HTTP, SNMP, SMTP ETC. All the TCP/IP Protocols, Port number of TCP & UDP are must. You also write down 7 Layer of OSI Model, 4 Layer of TCP/IP Model and equivalent of DoD Models and their differences and their co-relation

Please read the questions carefully once before choosing the answer and read again after selecting the answer, remember ONES you click the "NEXT" button it is gone forever. There is no previous button available, which you always find in the commercial software available in the market.

Note it down in a big letters word that “ I must click the done button” in the simulating screen after completing the configuration and reconfirm my answers by checking with command like ping, show run, show interface and show protocols etc. Once you press the "done" button a small GUI (screen) will appear which will ask you whether you like to go to next question or previous question. Never press the previous button. Otherwise you have to reconfigure every thing again, So remember to press "NEXT" button in the GUI which is very very important to decide your fate.

Remaining In next segment?
Love
Tara

Edited by - Tara on May 25 2002 12:44:56 AMGo to Top of Page

[email protected]

1 Posts
Posted - May 17 2002 :  2:18:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tara,

I am planning to take CCNA. I have been working in the Telecom Network Domain for the ast 4 years, especially with NORTEL products.

I have never worked with CISCO products before. Would this set me back from taking this exam.

If not, what would you suggest as the best way ( resources/books etc) for preparing for this exam.

Expecting a quick reply,

---- P*

Go to Top of Page

[email protected]

4 Posts
Posted - May 18 2002 :  02:49:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Tara i, need your help i, see that you are helping CCNA fellows here.
I, have your 500 question thanks for that. now i, see your post for
yahoo breifecase so i, log their but their is nothing it is empty plese help me to find that 200 question.

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

Tara
CCNA Moderator

Singapore
253 Posts
Posted - May 18 2002 :  10:23:12 AM  Show Profile    Reply with Quote
Dear members,
It seems some of our members not only ungreatfull, but realy trying to check my patience.As I am trying to put my best to help you all,
but some one from you are depriving others by deleting the files.
Hence I have decided not to disclose the password this time.
Those who need the help they should write to me for the password,by providing their detailes and purpose,with their yahoo e-mail address.
And this is a warning to them those who are trying to fool me again,
Because this time everything in place to cought them red-handed.
So do not try it again.
regards
Tara

Go to Top of Page

[email protected]

Malaysia
6 Posts
Posted - May 18 2002 :  12:18:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Tara,
I couldn't get into your Yahoo Briefcase and get the questions,I'm study very hard and prepare to take the exam soon,I need
to know the format & style of the exam 640-607,Please email to me your
password as soon as possible,my email is "".
Thank You Very Much!

Go to Top of Page

[email protected]
Average Member

USA
8 Posts
Posted - May 18 2002 :  1:17:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bloodyhell!

Usually, I stay away from flame war. But this is just a very selflish act!

Tara has been devoted his time and effort in sharing so much valuable info with us.

That selflish one(s) who erase the files, shame on you! And if this is your attitude to strive for success, you may pass the test and more, but you won't win RESPECT and FRIENDSHIP from others. This is my life experience!!!

pearl

Go to Top of Page

[email protected]

3 Posts
Posted - May 18 2002 :  3:25:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I realy appreciate your help and can't imagine who could do this. If you are so kind send me the password, please

greetings

tom

Go to Top of Page

pubduq

1 Posts
Posted - May 19 2002 :  08:42:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mr. Tara for your info..

but I can't get CCNA 640-607 question..

I will test CCNA exam next week..

so I need your help... Please send me the password ...

e-mail:

Go to Top of Page

Chris Sobottka

USA
1 Posts
Posted - May 20 2002 :  08:10:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Tara,
Great idea. And thanks.

Ques.
to use the ping utility...
I read that being in user mode you can't do any harm to the router, so you can ping all you want.
I also read that you must be in # mode to use extended ping.
Which answer do you chose on the exam when Cisco asks "What mode must the router be in to use ping ... Router> or Router# ???
I have seen so many things like this on the exam. I have taken it twice and fall into these "traps"...
Thanks,
Chris

Don't know all the answers, just where to find them.Go to Top of Page

Tara
CCNA Moderator

Singapore
253 Posts
Posted - May 20 2002 :  11:12:15 AM  Show Profile    Reply with Quote
Dear Chris,
Thanks for your query,
Which answer do you chose on the exam when Cisco asks "What mode must
the router be in to use ping ... Router> or Router# ???

At first you must read your question twice as I mentioned earlier
Once before answering(means Before selecting the choise)and once again before clicking for the next question.

It's not clear how many answer they want?
If they need one answer For Ping, then (Router>)usermode.
If they need two answers For Ping then (Router>)usermode.& (Router#)
previledge mode.

If they need answers For extended Ping then (Router#)previledge mode is the only answer.

Hope I am able to clear your doubt?
Thanks to be in networkdesigner.net forum.
Love
Tara

Go to Top of Page

wireman68

USA
1 Posts
Posted - May 20 2002 :  12:03:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tara, could you please e-mail me the password for the briefcase? I didn't realize some boneheads erased the files until I read the forum posts today. Hopefully thi smethod will work much better. thanks again for all your hard work!! My e-mail address is Take care, Rich

Go to Top of Page

Tara
CCNA Moderator

Singapore
253 Posts
Posted - May 20 2002 :  12:26:10 PM  Show Profile    Reply with Quote
Dear Rich,
Answers of your quaries been e-mailed to you,
All the best for the exam.
Regards
Tara

Go to Top of Page

Shidisu

USA
2 Posts
Posted - May 20 2002 :  1:04:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tara,

I too would like the password. I have the exam coming up this week and need all the help I can get. From what everyone has been posting it sounds like a great guide. Thanks in advance!
Email is

Jon

Go to Top of Page

cris95019

1 Posts
Posted - May 20 2002 :  3:34:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tara

I was unable to log into the briefcase. I have a CCNA exam very soon and I need all the help I can get. Can you please e-mail me your password.

Thank you in advance for your help.

My e-mail address is:

Cris

Go to Top of Page

[email protected]

4 Posts
Posted - May 20 2002 :  3:35:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i cannot login..plss help me..

Go to Top of Page

Tara
CCNA Moderator

Singapore
253 Posts
Posted - May 21 2002 :  05:03:04 AM  Show Profile    Reply with Quote
Segment: 2
During simulation question answering if anything goes wrong please nform the center supervisor (whoever guide you to the exam hall).

You must also write down the access control – list syntax , IPX nettwork number and node number Which is in hexadecimal (if you see any thing more then A-F letters please note its misleading )
Write down all possible router commands are known to you, as it will help you later part of your Exam in a great easy, write what ever you think it’s relevant to your exam. Like binary chart like 128 64 32 16 8 4 2 1 and make a graph which will give you an instant self made answer
sheet to calculate your subnet number or decimal to binary conversion without loosing your precious time.

Do not hesitate to take the tutorial test before you take the actual test which is irrelevant to your subject (Astronomy)but it will make you familiar with the interface of the actual exam. After finishing the astronomy tour of the universe, you go through the Cisco survey
form where you have jot down your personal particulars,and experience with Cisco product,about your future carrier path. Once this survey is finish, The screen will display “you can start now to take your exam by clicking the start button”
wait.,. before you press the start button if you think that you have to write down some more thing which suddenly came in to your mind ,by all means you can do so now, it is your time, the two sheet of paper given to you to make your own calculation make full use of it ,because you have to return it to the center supervisor after you finish your exam .

Once you press the start button the clock will run like a horse, and only way to bit it by your swift thinking and will power. Never,never get nervous & panicked which will not only bring down your speed and thinking ability, for that moment but it will also affect your rest of the exam.

So prepare your mind, go for the mind marathon, be a winner, and return with a big SMILE .

Please note: No physical or logical , scientific or mechanical, calculators are allowed in
Ciscso exam.

I hope this valuable information will help you in a right way to prepare for your exam without fear.

Thank you, & Good Luck to EVERYONE.

TARA
Go to Top of Page

Tara
CCNA Moderator

Singapore
253 Posts
Posted - May 21 2002 :  07:15:47 AM  Show Profile    Reply with Quote
Dear Forum Members!
Thank you very much for your appriciation and Kind acknowledgment.
Those who are e-mailed me, I have tried my best to answers their queries.I request you all to put your comments on the respective
Topics by using the reply icon.It will be help full to others to understand the different situation and how to answer them in the Exam.
Thank and regards
Love
TaraGo to Top of Page
stevetotaro
Average Member

USA
13 Posts
Posted - May 21 2002 :  09:05:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok, i have been studying for ccna for a year or so, on and off. on the main networkdesigner.net page there are two sets of questions for ccna. one with many questions and one with a hundred fifty or so. which is more like the exam? i fear the first one which has things i have never even heard of. why the heck did i wait, i was getting 80-90% on the 2.0 practice tests from all different companies.

could you email me the password tara. and thanks a ton for spending time helping us.

www.seepu.com is my websiteGo to Top of Page

Tara
CCNA Moderator

Singapore
253 Posts
Posted - May 21 2002 :  11:38:13 AM  Show Profile    Reply with Quote
Dear stevetotaro,
It's great to hear that you are preparing your self for CCNA since last year.Your tone speaks your confidence.Just go for it!
All you need is some kind of support,I promis you got it!!
Networkdeginer.com free practice questions are great to familarise you with fill in The blank type question.
Any way best of luck!
Love
TaraGo to Top of Page
stevetotaro
Average Member

USA
13 Posts
Posted - May 21 2002 :  11:46:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my posts dont show up right away and then disappear!!

www.seepu.com is my websiteGo to Top of Page

stevetotaro
Average Member

USA
13 Posts
Posted - May 21 2002 :  12:17:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
strange cache issue with these forums...

do you really thinks so tara. after trying some of those questions i dont feel so confident. are some of them way out of the scope of the ccna exam?

like this one for instance: 5. The IBM standard _____ is the fireproof version of type 6, it's a plenum-rated cable used for ceilings and ventilation areas.

www.seepu.com is my website

Edited by - stevetotaro on May 21 2002 1:27:34 PMGo to Top of Page

prankum

USA
5 Posts
Posted - May 21 2002 :  5:18:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi tara

I couldn't login to your briefcase , how can I download those questions , my email id

thanks
pran

Edited by - Tara on May 25 2002 12:48:49 AMGo to Top of Page

Tara
CCNA Moderator

Singapore
253 Posts
Posted - May 21 2002 :  7:21:41 PM  Show Profile    Reply with Quote
Dear Pran,
It's surprising to see that you raise the question through the reply button.Thanks for that,but I beleave you didn't go through all my postings,Do you?
Any way help is on the way,So relax!! And check your e-mail Please.
Thanks for being to the forum,make it a habbit to visit this forum often and read as much as you can to raise the question.
Regards
Love
TaraGo to Top of Page
Tara
CCNA Moderator

Singapore
253 Posts
Posted - May 21 2002 :  7:46:38 PM  Show Profile    Reply with Quote
Dear stevetotaro,
It's always better to have some thing,rather then nothing?
If some one gives you a bunch of grapes,First you must appreciate!
few may be spoilt,few may be dry,
so what's there to feel sorry about,
what's there to cry?
I well understand, that you know you subject! so
eat the good ones(I mean read)and discard the rest,
and be good and be in your BEST!!!
Best & Regards
Love
Tara
**Let you know that I have visited you webpage**Go to Top of Page
Tara
CCNA Moderator

Singapore
253 Posts
Posted - May 22 2002 :  12:53:40 AM  Show Profile    Reply with Quote
*Very Very Important Message For the would be CCNA takers*
Please register your exam through VUE not through Prometric to avoid all hassles of terminal hangging and misspelt shabby transcript!
It's for your good!!
Love
Tara

Edited by - Tara on May 31 2002 10:06:08 AMGo to Top of Page

Topic is 15 Pages Long:
  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9  10
 11  12  13  14  15

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Networkdesigner.net Forums

© 1999 - 2002 Networkdesigner.net

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

| Free Practice Tests | TopSites | Advertisers | Contact | Terms | Privacy Policy |

Disclaimer

The material on this web site is not sponsored by, endorsed by or affiliated with Cisco Systems, Inc. CISCO® is a registered trademark of Cisco Systems, Inc.; CCNA™, CCDA™, CCNP™, CCDP™, CCIE™, CISCO CERTIFIED NETWORK ASSOCIATE™, CISCO CERTIFIED DESIGN ASSOCIATE™, CISCO CERTIFIED NETWORK PROFESSIONAL™, CISCO CERTIFIED DESIGN PROFESSIONAL™, CISCO CERTIFIED INTERNETWORK EXPERT™ are distinctive trademarks used by Cisco to describe its certifications and examinations in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.

Questions, comments? Email the . Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2001  Network Designer.  All rights reserved. study guides, practice tests, and/or material is copyright material and may not be redistributed in any way unless otherwise stated and is not sponsored by, endorsed by or affiliated with Cisco© Systems, Inc or any other company.   All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.