• Practice Tests

• Forums

• Classifieds

• Cisco® in the News

• Tech News

• Chat about Cisco®

• Comments

Practice Tests

These tests belong to Networkdesigner.net and not sponsored by, endorsed by or affiliated with Cisco® Systems, Inc.

Exam Info

This exam info was writen by Networkdesigner.net and not sponsored by, endorsed by or affiliated with Cisco® Systems, Inc.

Forums

These Forums belong to Networkdesigner.net and not sponsored by, endorsed by or affiliated with Cisco® Systems, Inc.

Classifieds

Our Recomended Books

These Books are recomended by Networkdesigner.net and not recomended by, sponsored by, endorsed by or affiliated with Cisco® Systems, Inc.

Other Stuff

Comments

NetworkDesigner.net
NetworkDesigner.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 CCNA
 Passed CCNA Some thoughts

Author  Topic   
Roger

1 Posts
Posted - Mar 13 2001 :  07:21:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I took the CCNA exam yesterday, it was really tough but thank God I passed my first attempt time with 91% and the certificate's result was excellant cuple of topics I score 100. I had 65 questions to be answered in 75 minutes. The test has lot (approx. 10 questions) on Switches/bridges and 10/15 questions related to OSI, including protocols. Know your WAN well there are quite a few number of questions.

I thought my background of MCSE was enough to take the advantage to kick the OSI model questions, so I did’nt read it well enough, I recommand guys not to think like that you will be in trouble. None MCSE work hard on it and on the Subnetting, you can guarantee 25-30 % of the entire percentage if you are good enough in both of them... listen guys pay full attention in reading every question in your real CCNA exam be very carefully, and take your time in it. Here are some tips on the type of questions they will ask at the prometric test.

Know well:-

-the objective for creation of OSI model.

-commonly used dial-up and ISDN encapsulation are

-the term 'backoff' refer to what an Ethernet network

-Know what is 'Base' in 100BaseT

-How to load the new IOS version

-Which prompt symbol denotes privilage mode

-View all access lists on all interfaces

-broadcast address for 802.3LAN

-segmentation of data happens....

-command to enable RIP protocol

-ctrl-Z on the prompt

-On which phy interface can we config the ppp

-functionality of RARP protocol

-Switches are preferable than switches, how?

-know port nos. for tftp,ftp,https,telnet,smtp,imap

-know the default subnet mask for a class B address

-Know atleast 2 ways of preventing routing loops

-know how to display sap table

-Type the entire command that is the equivalent of 'write term'

Sources I used:

CCO online --ocean should know what you are looking for.

www.boson.com --much tougher than the actual test, but good excercise.

Toad's CCNA2.0 book --excellant book needs to be read cover to cover
The new edition gives you a solid foundation to pass the test.

http://www.sureshhomepage.com --Very excellant material I like the most. I bought full pack contains tons of stuff about 1000 and odd questions were there plus study guides. I very strongly reccommand this test material to all the future test takers. Its a real safe bet. I found about 35 questions appeared on the real test from his "golden questions" file of 95Qs total.

If anyone interested in knowing the contents you can visit http://www.sureshhomepage.com/dloads/ccna_depict.GIF

thanks
Roger Mitchel A+, MCSE, CCNA
Network Engineer
Planning Division
IMA Secure Network Services Inc
NJ,US

Joth

USA
8 Posts
Posted - Mar 13 2001 :  9:57:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I pass the CCNA on Feb 16th. I took a class which was 40 hours. After that i bought the exam cram book for the CCNA test and read that first. It reads much quicker, and is good background on things, and discuss the test a bit more in detail. After that I read the Todd Lammle book for the CCNA 2.0 Sybex I think this is the best book by far. And the test software which came with it was good, I passed the test with it, also i didn't use the flash cards. O yeah and get the Router Sim which is recommend for the CCNA.

Go to Top of Page

sherm74

11 Posts
Posted - Mar 27 2001 :  12:29:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the advice. Quick question though, with the router commands were they multiple choice or written out? Also subnetting, how much was actually on there?

Go to Top of Page

Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
Copyright © 1999-2001 Network Designer All rights reserved

Disclaimer

The material on this web site is not sponsored by, endorsed by or affiliated with Cisco Systems, Inc. CISCO® is a registered trademark of Cisco Systems, Inc.; CCNA™, CCDA™, CCNP™, CCDP™, CCIE™, CISCO CERTIFIED NETWORK ASSOCIATE™, CISCO CERTIFIED DESIGN ASSOCIATE™, CISCO CERTIFIED NETWORK PROFESSIONAL™, CISCO CERTIFIED DESIGN PROFESSIONAL™, CISCO CERTIFIED INTERNETWORK EXPERT™ are distinctive trademarks used by Cisco to describe its certifications and examinations in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.

Questions, comments? Email the . Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2001  Network Designer.  All rights reserved. study guides, practice tests, and/or material is copyright material and may not be redistributed in any way unless otherwise stated and is not sponsored by, endorsed by or affiliated with Cisco© Systems, Inc or any other company.   All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.

Join IT Banner Exchange

IT banner exchange

IT Showcase